For regular hours of operation, check the John A. Danzi Athletic Center Web pages. These times may be changed to accommodate special events or other circumstances. Scheduled activities have priority at all times.
ADULT LAP SWIMMING
Generally, we allow two swimmers per lane with each swimmer remaining on his/her side. If the pool becomes crowded, circle swimming will be enforced.
Anyone may participate, but children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
The following rules are strictly enforced. Those who do not comply will be refused access to the pool area.
- No one is allowed in the pool unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Everyone must obey the directives of the lifeguards.
- No horseplay is allowed on the deck or in the water.
- No running is allowed on the deck.
- No diving.
- All swimmers must shower before entering the pool.
- Proper swimwear is required (e.g., no cutoffs).
- Bathing caps are required if hair is longer than shoulder length.
- No spitting in or on deck.
- All jewelry, hair decorations (combs, clips, etc.) and bandages must be removed before entering the pool.
- Persons with open sores and rashes are not allowed in the pool without physician’s consent.
- No gum, food or drinks are allowed in the pool area, except plastic water bottles (no glass or cans).
- No unauthorized personal flotation devices.
- Lightning policy: In the event of lightning, all swimmers must evacuate the pool for at least 30 minutes, or until notified by building supervisor and lifeguard that it is safe to swim.
- One long whistle is the signal to clear the pool.