HELP INCREASE STUDENT AID
The New York State Executive Budget proposes a $45 million cut to the Tuition Assistance Program (TAP). For students at St. Joseph's College, this could mean a significant cut in financial support. St. Joseph's and other private colleges and universities across the state are supporting an electronic advocacy system hosted by Albany-based Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (cIcu). If you feel that TAP should not be cut - make your voice heard in Albany by sending a message to your elected representatives and other leaders.
REGISTER TO VOTE
For voter information please click on the links below. You will find important issues that you can take a stand on and make a difference. See who is in your voting district.
- If you are not registered to vote, register online here.
- Visit the New York State Board of Elections.
- To see the importance of voting, go to Rock the Vote and see how your vote can make a difference.
- For local information, visit the League of Women Voters.
HIGHER EDUCATION ISSUES
St. Joseph's College, in conjunction with its advocacy partners theNational Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)and the Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (cIcu), play an important role in shaping higher education policy matters on the political agenda.
Click on the links below to discover what issues NAICU, cIcu and other organizations working with St. Joseph's have identified as crucial.
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities(NAICU)
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (cIcu)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT LINKS
- United States Senate
- United States House of Representatives
- United States Legislative Branch
- Office of Post Secondary Education
- Official U.S. executive branch websites
NEW YORK STATE LINKS
- New York State Governor
- New York State Senate
- New York State Assembly
- New York State Department of Education
- New York State Board of Elections
LOCAL GOVERNMENT WEBSITES