Danzi Room Request Form
Requests must be submitted a minimum of two weeks prior to event.
Steps to Request Rooms in the John A. Danzi Athletic Center
Looking to request a room in the Danzi Center? It's easy, just fill out this simple form and return it to the contact listed at the bottom.
Members of St. Joseph's College
- You must be on campus to sign into ASTRA (you cannot sign into ASTRA from your home computer)
- Log in to the SJC website and go to SJC Portal
- Look on the top right hand side of the page for “Astra Scheduling”.
- Confirm that you are signed in under your SJC account in the top right corner of the page, not GUEST.
- Once you are signed in, click on “EVENTS” tab at top of the page. Choose “Event Request”.
- Click on arrow to see menu of choices.
- Choose “LI – Danzi Center Event Request Form”
- Click “NEXT”
- Under MEETING RECURRENCE:
- Click on MONTH for date
- Click TIMES required
- Click CREATE
- On Right Box, Click ASSIGN ROOM, Choose the room needed. Color will turn green and will say SELECTED if available.
- Click SAVE on the top left corner of page.
- Wait for a confirmation Email from the Director of Recreation & Fitness, stating whether your event has been APPROVED or DENIED before you begin to promote your event.
- If you do NOT have access to ASTRA please notify the ITS Help Desk or someone in Student Life immediately.
JOHN A. DANZI ATHLETIC CENTER FACILITY RULES
- In case of an emergency, please exit out of back gym doors which lead to the parking lot, or exit through doors located at the end of each corridor.
- No alcoholic beverages are permitted anywhere on the St. Joseph’s College premises.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere at the Danzi Athletic Center. St. Joseph's College is a SMOKE FREE CAMPUS.
- Please use the general bathrooms at the back of the north bleachers located to the right of the main doors to the gym.
- No food or drinks are permitted inside the gymnasium, except plastic water bottles.
- Absolutely no glass bottles are permitted in the Danzi Center building.
- No helium balloons are allowed in the Danzi Center.
- You cannot observe the games in any way from the track. The track is for running only.
- Absolutely no climbing over the track wall.
- No hairspray anywhere in the building.
- Security will enforce these rules. If the rules are no obeyed, you will be escorted out of the John A. Danzi Athletic Center permanently.
RULES FOR SIGNS AND FLIERS
- Absolutely no signs or fliers are permitted without prior approval.
- Fliers (after approval) will be delivered to the Danzi Center and will be displayed and posted by the St. Joseph’s College staff.
- Signs are permitted (after approval) on Sunrise Highway service road. Signs must meet our Standard's Guide requirements.
- Vendors can hang the road signs two weeks prior and must be removed the day after the event.
Contact the Danzi Center staff at 631.687.1444 for sign and flier approval. The Danzi Center will notify you upon approval or denial.