Alumni Career Services
Whether you are a recent graduate looking for your first job or an experienced alumni ready to make a career change, SJC Office of Career Preparation and Professional Development can work with you to achieve your continuing career goals. 1:1 appointments are scheduled either in person or by phone where we can support your individual needs.
Whatever career move you are planning next, we may be a potential support for you. We can assist with:
- Career transitions
- Preparing your job search materials
- Résumé and cover letter critiques
- Mock interviews
- Review of your online presence
- Access to our online job board Handshake
- Applying to graduate programs
Request Access to Handshake Today!
Register today for access to our online job board Handshake!
Post Internship/Job Opportunities
Alumni can be a valuable source for networking, full-time job leads and internships, allowing students to explore careers and gain practical work experience. Similarly, the current student community is a potential source of talent for your organization.
Posting opportunities is free! Alumni can create an employer account within minutes on our online job board Handshake.
Handshake is available to all current students and alumni of St. Joseph's College, with the ability to post part-time, full-time, entry-level and experienced opportunities.
Employers also have the opportunity to participate in:
- On-campus recruitment and interviews: Our office can help schedule times and locations on campus for you to meet with students to discuss potential opportunities with your company/organization.
- Seminar/information sessions: Throughout the course of the academic year, a session dedicated to your organization can be held to provide students with insight into your field and/or organization for better future planning.
Please visit our employer section to learn more about our recruiting opportunities.
If you meet with clients or colleagues who may have an interest in recruiting our students, please feel free to refer their name and contact information to a member of our career team for follow-up.
If your company/organization has current internships or jobs available, speak with your human resources representative about posting them to Handshake, our online job board that is exclusively for SJC students. You can provide them with our personalized link to learn more: sjcny.joinhandshake.com/register.
Contact Career Services
SJC Long Island and SJC Online
Jennifer Rooney | Director
631.687.1248 | [email protected]
Kevin Gill | Career Counselor
631.687.1252 | [email protected]
Catherine Vitucci | Career Counselor
631.687.1247 | [email protected]