Bursar FAQs

Bursar FAQs

How and where to pay my bill?

You may pay your bill several ways. You can pay online with a credit card, in person or by mail. If you wish to pay in person, Brooklyn students may go to the Business Office, room 111, Long Island students may go to the
Bursar's Office, room N211. If the office is closed there is a drop slot in the door of each office to submit the payment. We do not accept payment by phone. To pay online please go to the right side of the home page under WebAdvisor click on the Financial Information link then click on the link titled Pay on My Account.

What types of payments are accepted?

We accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express), cash, personal checks, certified checks and money orders. Checks should be made payable to St. Joseph's College. Please be sure to include your name, ID number and the semester you are remitting the payment for.

When is payment due on a semester bill?

Bills are due on or before the first day of class for that term. All bills not paid by the first day of class will automatically default onto the SJC Tuition Extension Agreement for the balance due. The use of this plan commits you to additional charges.

What is the SJC Tuition Extension Agreement?

This is an internal payment plan that permits you to split your bill into two payments for the Fall or Spring semesters (this option is not available for Intersession). This plan does assess your account with an additional charge. Please be aware that this plan will restrict you from registering for an upcoming term if the balance is not completely satisfied. You may obtain a copy of this agreement online. There is a link to this form under Bursar Forms.

What other types of payment options are available?

Aside from the SJC Tuition Extension Agreement we also offer a budgeting program through an outside agency called Nelnet Campus Commerce. This plan is designed to budget your tuition payments over a ten month period. It is only available for Fall & Spring terms (summer and intersession are not to be incorporated into these plans). If your last semester at the college ends in the Fall semester a five month plan is available, but you cannot extend the payments beyond the five months

Enroll in Nelnet

What if my bill does not reflect my Financial Aid?

In the event that your bill does not reflect your expected Financial Aid amounts, you must contact the Financial Aid office at 631.687.2600 in Long Island and 718.940.5700 in Brooklyn.

Loan Disbursements

Student and Parent Loans are subject to an origination fee up to 4 percent charged by the banks. The amount received by the school will be the net amount after these fees are deducted. It is the student's responsibility to pay any difference not covered by the loans.

Scholarship Recipients

Students receiving a full tuition scholarship will still be responsible for paying for all fees. These scholarships cover tuition only. Fees are not covered by the scholarships

TAP Recipients

TAP awards are only available to full time students. Long Island TAP code for A/S and PGS is 0758. Brooklyn TAP code for A/S and PGS is 0755. Weekend college TAP code is 0762 (TAP awards for weekend college is only available to students taking nine credits or more per trimester). Separate application necessary for TAP.

Work Study Recipients

Students who receive work study benefits cannot make any deductions off of their bill for money that is earned through the work study program.

What is Excess Credit Charge?

Full-time students who take more than 33 credits per academic year will be charged the current per credit charge for each additional credit. Up to 18 of the 33 credits may be taking in one semester without an additional charge.

When can I expect my refund?

After your refund eligibility has been determined, a check will automatically be issued to the student. If the refund is a result of a parent plus loan, the parent must complete a Parent Plus Refund Application form (may be obtained in Bursar forms) and return it to the Bursar's Office. The parent must indicate who the refund should be made payable to. For students/parents who ​wish to carry a credit to a future semester, a carry credit request form with the semester indicated, needs to be submitted to the Bursar's Office (may be obtained in Bursar forms).