Professional and Adult Learners
If you are an adult learner or professional, you can bring the world your best by earning a St. Joseph's College degree. In many cases the entire admission, advisement and registration process can be completed during one visit to St. Joseph's.
Admissions Requirements for Professional Studies
- Complete the online application with a $25 application fee.
- Writing Sample (part of the online application)
- Official high school transcripts(stating graduation) or GED. (Not required for students who have completed 24 college credits at a regionally accredited college or university
- Official College Transcripts. Submit transcripts from all colleges you attended. Only coursework with a grade of “C-” or higher from an accredited college or university will be accepted as transfer credits. Request your official transcripts to be sent to: St. Joseph’s College Admissions, 245 Clinton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205.
- Additional admission requirements for the professional studies nursing program (RN To BSN) for registered nurses can be found on the program page.
International students should consult the International Student Admissions section of our website.
Applicants with transcripts from foreign institutions may be required to submit educational documents to a St. Joseph's College-approved foreign credential evaluation service for a course-by-course assessment. These applicants will deal directly with the foreign credential evaluation service and are responsible for following its procedures and paying fees for the service.
Applicants may also be required to submit a word-for-word English translation of credentials by a College-approved translation service at their expense.
Full-time Adult Scholarship
Does SJC offer Scholarships for full-time adult transfer students?
St. Joseph’s College offers competitive scholarships for full-time adult transfer students who have completed 24 college credits and have a minimum GPA of 2.8. Awards range from $6,000 to $11,000 and can be offered as outlined below:
2.8 – 2.99 $6,000
3.0 – 3.39 $8,000
3.4 – 3.69 $9,000
3.7 – 4.00 $11,000
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships $1,000
Students will be informed of their scholarship eligibility with their offer of admission.
Is Financial Aid Available?
SJC offers financial aid packages which are based on your FAFSA: Free Application for Federal Student Aid. You will receive a financial aid package listing federal and college grants, work study and loans for which you qualify. New York State residents, submit your TAP application for New York State grants. Detailed information regarding financial aid at St. Joseph’s College can be found here.
St. Joseph’s College offers various discounts to personnel and staff members of certain entities. Discount programs vary and are subject to change. Discount programs may not be combined with any other institutional grants or scholarships. To be considered, students must complete an annual verification form which can be obtained from the Office of Financial Aid. Please consult with an Admissions or Financial Aid Counselor for more information.
25% discount for the following organization(s)
- Brookhaven Hospital
- Catholic Health Services of Long Island
- Long Island Railroad
- National Grid
- Northwell Health
- Suffolk County Water Authority
30% discount for the following organization(s)
- Uniformed Personnel
- NYC Corrections
- NYC Court Officers
- NYC Court Clerks
- Catholic Charities