SJC High School Bridge Program
The mission of St. Joseph's College is to provide a strong academic and value-oriented education at the undergraduate and graduate levels, rooted in a liberal arts tradition that supports provision for career preparation and enhancement.
The College prepares each student for a life characterized by integrity, intellectual and spiritual values, social responsibility and service; a life that is worthy of our motto: Esse non videri — “To be, not to seem.”
The St. Joseph’s College Bridge Program (SJCBP) is designed to provide a quality curriculum to local high school students who are ready to participate in the rigor of college-level work. Local high schools and SJC establish partnerships to ensure the curriculum meets the criteria of academic requirements for courses within higher education. Interested students will need to register for the SCJBP through their district high school. All high schools are required to preregister through the Office of Student Academic Services at SJC.
Benefits for students:
- Earn college credit while still in high school.
- Reduced tuition fees.
- Enhance academic credentials for college applications.
Benefits for high schools:
- Provide students an opportunity to engage in college-level coursework while still in high school.
- Provide teachers an opportunity to teach college level coursework.
- Students gain exposure to the college application process prior to senior year.
If you’re a school administrator interested in learning more about creating an academic partnership between your high school and St. Joseph’s College contact Courtney Davidson at [email protected] or 631.687.4503.