Visit SJC Long Island
Updated: March 24, 2020
Due to the ongoing concern regarding the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and in response to New York state’s suspension on large gatherings, the College has made updates to previously scheduled events and activities.
Admitted Student Reception: The College has decided to cancel the Admitted Student Reception on March 29. We are actively considering new virtual opportunities for accepted students to connect with the SJC Community. Additionally, we are monitoring the rapidly changing situation and considering an alternate date for an on campus Admitted Student Reception. In the meantime, you may also take a virtual tour of SJC Long Island.
Graduate, Adult Professional Studies and Online Open House: The College has decided to cancel the Graduate, Adult Professional Studies and Online Open House scheduled for April 25, 2020 . We value the health and safety of all individuals and we are working on rescheduling this event. If you have any questions about this cancelled event or St. Joseph’s College, please feel free to email a counselor in our Office of Admissions at [email protected].
Daily Campus Tours and Appointments: The College has canceled campus events and activities. Our admissions counselors are available for virtual meetings via phone or video conference. Please contact us at [email protected] to schedule an appointment.
Virtual Campus Tour: We encourage you to experience our campus through our virtual tour of SJC Long Island.
Virtual Appointments: We encourage you to schedule a phone or video meeting with one of our admissions or financial aid counselors. Please use the instructions below to make an appointment to meet with an admissions or financial aid counselor virtually.
For further information and updates on the College's response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), please visit sjcny.edu/em/corona.
Virtual Meeting with a Counselor
We encourage prospective and admitted students to meet virtually with representatives from the Offices of Admissions and Financial Aid. Use the links below to schedule your virtual meeting.
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with Admissions
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with Financial Aid
Virtual Tour of SJC Long Island
Here’s what you’ll see on your tour:
- The Muriel and Virginia Pless Center for the Performing Arts
- The Eagle’s Nest Dining Hall
- Our Student Service Offices including the Student Life Office, Office of Multicultural Student Life, Global Studies Office, the Office of Career Development and Engagement, Wellness and Counseling Center and our Student Accessibility Office
- Our Veterans’ Lounge
- Our classrooms and technology labs
- The John A. Danzi Athletic Center and its competition-sized swimming pool, fitness rooms and a full-sized gym with an elevated track
- The Callahan Library and its books, journals, DVDs study rooms and the curriculum collection relevant to teaching
- The Business Technology Center and its smart classrooms, computer labs, video conference room and remote classroom
Viewing a virtual tour of SJC Long Island and seeing the beautiful SJC campus and facilities is a great way for you to get to know the College better.