Office for Tutoring and Academic Development
The Office for Tutoring and Academic Development is a free peer-tutoring service that is offered to all St. Joseph's students and alumni. We offer tutoring, mentoring, and special needs accommodations. In the effort to help students discover their strengths, improve upon their weaknesses, manage their workloads, and handle stress, every appointment is tailored specifically to each student's needs.
What We Can Help With:
- Course content tutoring (subject to tutor availability)
- Academic writing skills (we can help with any stage of the writing process)
- Thesis development
- Scholarly research and database navigation
- Time management, organization and study skills
- Exam prep & test-taking tips
- Stress & test anxiety management
- APA, MLA, CMS, and CBE formatting and citations
- Planning, executing and revising work
- Critical thinking skills
- Analyzing and understanding assignments
- Research methods and thesis projects
- Basic computer help (attaching files to emails, how to use a flash drive, Microsoft Office applications and many more!)
- Group tutoring sessions and study groups (subject to tutor availability)
- Testing accommodations
In addition, this office oversees the Office for Math, Business and Technology Tutoring in the Business and Technology building and houses math tutors on Saturdays. You can make appointments for all types of math and computer assistance including:
- All levels of math
- Computer courses
Monday – Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m
Saturday: 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
To schedule an appointment, please stop in, call our reservations desk at 631.687.1428, or use our online scheduling system.
SUMMER/INTERSESSION HOURS: *Subject to change
Monday – Thursday: 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Friday: 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. (Closed in July and August)
O'Connor Hall, Room N304
St. Joseph's University
155 W. Roe Blvd.
Patchogue, NY, 11772-2603
Assistant Director of the Office for Tutoring and Academic Development
For any inquiries or to make an appointment, you may also call our reservations desk at 631.687.1428.