Graduate Education Programs Admissions Requirements
St. Joseph's College offers several excellent graduate programs for certified teachers interested in advancing their degree and enhancing their careers.
The programs in educational leadership, special education, and literacy and cognition offer students the opportunity to expand their knowledge in areas including technology, research and teaching to multiple learning styles and abilities. Below are the requirements for entry into the graduate education programs at SJC:
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable $25 application fee. (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni)
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. (Applicants to the program should have completed an accredited teacher education undergraduate program with a minimum 3.0 GPA). International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Official Test Scores: New York State requires applicants applying to teacher education programs to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or an equivalent exam. St. Joseph's College will accept the Praxis Core for Educators: Combined or the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) as acceptable equivalents to the GRE.. To send your official score report to St. Joseph’s College, please use our institutional code: GRE: 2802; Praxis Core: A2804; MAT: 3208
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from an academic source, and one from a professional source.
- Current resume, which includes chronological dates of employment or student teaching.
- Copy of NYS teacher certification. If certification is pending, the candidate must demonstrate that he/she is actively working to complete it, and submit proof of it as soon as it is issued.
- A personal statement, which addresses why you have chosen to pursue a master's degree in education.