Graduate Education Programs Admissions Requirements
St. Joseph's University, New York offers several excellent graduate programs for certified teachers interested in advancing their degree and enhancing their careers.
The programs in educational leadership, special education, literacy and cognition and teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL) offer students the opportunity to expand their knowledge in areas including technology, research and teaching to multiple learning styles and abilities. Below are the requirements for entry into the graduate education programs at SJC:
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable $25 application fee. (Waived for St. Joseph's University Alumni)
- Official undergraduate transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. (Applicants to the program should have completed an accredited teacher education undergraduate program with a minimum 3.0 GPA).
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from an academic source, and one from a professional source.
- Current resume, which includes chronological dates of employment or student teaching.
- Copy of NYS teacher certification. If certification is pending, the candidate must demonstrate that he/she is actively working to complete it, and submit proof of it as soon as it is issued.
- A personal statement, which addresses why you have chosen to pursue a master's degree in education.