Graduate Education Programs Admissions Information
St. Joseph's College offers several excellent graduate programs for certified teachers interested in advancing their degree and enhancing their careers.
The programs in educational leadership, special education, and literacy and cognition offer students the opportunity to expand their knowledge in areas including technology, research and teaching to multiple learning styles and abilities. Below are the requirements for entry into the master's in education programs at SJC.
- A non-refundable $25 application fee.
- An official undergraduate transcript from any colleges or universities attended. (Applicants to the program should have completed an accredited teacher education undergraduate program with a minimum 3.0 GPA).
- GRE, Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators: Combined or the MAT (Miller Analogies Test). New York State now requires applicants applying to teacher education programs to take the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or an equivalent exam. St. Joseph's College will accept the Praxis Core for Educators: Combined or the MAT as acceptable equivalents to the GRE. To send your official score report to St. Joseph’s College, please use our institutional code: GRE: 2802; Praxis Core: A2804; MAT: 3208
- Two letters of recommendation are required, with at least one from an academic source, and at least one from a professional source.
- The candidate should submit a current resume, which includes chronological dates of employment or student teaching.
- A copy of the candidate's NYS teacher certification should be submitted with the application. If certification is pending, the candidate must demonstrate that he/she is actively working to complete it, and submit proof of it as soon as it is issued.
- A personal statement.