Graduate Management Studies Admissions Requirements
For adults holding leadership positions in public service, private and nonprofit sectors, M.S. in Management with concentrations in organizational management, health care management or human resources management, the Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), M.B.A. in Accounting and the M.B.A. in Health Care Management have the promotion of managerial effectiveness and the enhancement of human performance in organizations.
Applicants to the programs will possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants typically will be required to have work experience involving specialized training, considerable responsibility, independent judgment, supervision and/or program development or administration. In those cases where an applicant’s experiential qualifications fall short of the aforementioned criteria, the GMAT will be required. Applicants will also be required to complete the necessary undergraduate prerequisites in advance prior to matriculating into the graduate degree programs.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25 (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni)
- Two letters of recommendations (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni)
- Current résumé which includes chronological dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities
- 250 word essay that addresses how management/leadership theory acquired at the undergraduate level has been subsequently applied to improve managerial effectiveness. If an undergraduate business degree was not obtained, the essay should describe and provide an example or examples of the management/leadership techniques used by the applicant to manage effectively.
- Official College Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Official GMAT score report, if required.