Graduate Management Studies Admissions Criteria
For adults holding leadership positions in public service, private and nonprofit sectors, the M.S. in Human Services Leadership, M.S. in Management with concentrations in organizational management, health care management or human resources management, the Executive Master of Business Administration (E.M.B.A.), M.B.A. in Accounting and the M.B.A. in Health Care Management have the promotion of managerial effectiveness and the enhancement of human performance in organizations.
Applicants to the programs will possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution with a 3.0 undergraduate GPA. Applicants will typically be required to be employed in a full-time position and have work experience involving supervision, program development, specialized training, considerable responsibility, and/or independent judgment. In those cases where an applicant’s experiential qualifications fall short of the aforementioned criteria, the GMAT will be required. Applicants will also be required to complete the necessary undergraduate prerequisites in advance prior to matriculating into the graduate degree programs.
Graduate Admissions Requirements
- An application accompanied by a non-refundable fee of $25 (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni)
- Two letters of recommendations (Waived for St. Joseph's College Alumni)
- A current résumé which includes chronological dates of employment and descriptions of responsibilities
- 250 word essay. The essay should address and provide an example or examples of how management/leadership theory acquired at the undergraduate level has been subsequently applied by the applicant to improve his or her managerial effectiveness. If the applicant did not receive an undergraduate business degree, the essay should describe and provide an example or examples of the management/leadership techniques used by the applicant to manage effectively
- Official College Transcripts. Submit transcripts from all colleges attended. Request official transcripts to be sent to: St. Joseph’s College Admissions, 245 Clinton Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11205. International transcripts must be submitted to World Education Services.
- Official GMAT score report, if required.